Sunday, December 28, 2008

Happiness in the garden

It's a hot day in chilly New Zealand. It's funny how all winter long ( and it is a very long winter here) we look forward to the sunny days of summer and then when at last summer finally hits, many people complain about the heat. I do at times. I never really enjoyed the heat of Queensland but it does get us outdoors. I've been planting veges in the vege patch and they are growing well. We have already eaten all of our first lot of lettuces and I've now put more in. I also have beetroots, lots of silverbeets, spring onions and of course my favourite thing to grow, tomatoes! They are sooooooooooooooo nice fresh from the garden. Everything is so nice fresh from the garden. I have been working on the flower bed out the front too which is looking nice and colourful. I am grateful for my health and the eagerness I have to get out there and pull weeds, plant etc etc. The fruits of my labour are worth it! I reckon the Garden of Eden would've been such an amazing place to be and to eat from!

No comments:

Post a Comment